Friday 15 July 2011

The Beach!!!



how I miss this place
The Isle of Purbeck

So our duffel bags are packed, my suitcase of books is bursting at the seams and ready for some last minute early morning revisions, and tomorrow we shall be on our way to the beach for two weeks of swimming, book reading, ice cream and happy family time. I cannot wait to swim in the icy cold sea, gain a few more freckles, spend time with my grandparents, have spontaneous dance parties with my sister, write dozens of postcards and go crabbing with my cousin on the pier. I have been visiting the beach every summer with our grandparents since  I don't really remember how old. I just know that for as long as I can remember the end of July has always been reserved for wonderful beach times with my grandparents, for re-connecting and revitalising, for reading countless books and spending as many hours as possible in the ocean (my favourite. place. ever.) I am so grateful to my grandparents for installing this tradition in our family since childhood. Our trip is something I look forward to all year round and it is the memories of our family and friends spilling out from the beach hut onto the sands and into the Solent that I recall on days when winter cold or stressful essays are getting me down. The beach really is my happy place. I am so excited!

5 comments:

  1. How exciting! Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos! Enjoy it! It sounds so relaxing, and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy! I always used to go to the lake where my grandparents live(d). This summer will be the first time I go there again in years, and I'm super excited! There's nothing like childhood summertime haunts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are gorgeous! I wish I was there with you. :)) I don't want to sound creepy, of course, but I always wanted an Enid Blyton summer as a kid.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous, serene photos. Enjoy your time at the beach! Unfortunately, we don't have any traditions quite like yours (sad face), but I always feel such a wonderful sense of calm whenever I visit the ocean (which I hope to do in mid-August). I love the ocean any time, any where :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...